A year or so ago the fabulous Sarah L Cook and I began teasing each other that we’d have to “Share the S” for our names. Monograms were in and as we shopping we woke up to the fact that we needed TWO of the S’s, no small feat when shopping bargains, but each of us have S as our first initial. We laughed well that day that we’d have to learn to “share the s” in our friendship, it turns out that a year later we have found that indeed sharing the S within our friendship, business, clients, and family time has become a part of our weekly conversations. What is the S you say? For us sharing the S means many words that all begin with S, but the most important thing it means is sharing a sisterhood that neither of us have ever had and one we’d prefer to share with every small business woman (or man) who desires to grow personally and professionally. We’re talking about a wealth of living not simply living wealthy. Come along with us for the next few weeks as we go into the Christmas season, our gift to you this year is inviting you to Share the S with us!
The first S is for Sharing. One of the most powerful abilities every single person has within them, the ability to share with others. Community, kindness, good stewardship, mutual reflection…the power of sharing is truly amazing. We become better people when we choose to share our experiences and knowledge with others. Often the very act of sharing releases you to understand, to seek, to create at a whole new level. Sharing our struggles matters to, for in acknowledging our weaknesses or struggles we open ourselves up to the possibilities of God’s provision for our solutions. We release the fear, the embarrassment or isolation we may have been experiencing and open our hearts to vulnerability that allows for receiving help or support. Sharing is an important S, for in its power is the ability for human hearts to connect, provide, support, teach, and share wisdom and love.
A few ideas for how to implement sharing…
- Skype with a friend on a scheduled check in…let others in on your goals, life, and struggles
- Use the applications….iphones, email, texting, time is precious, but find time for sharing with those you care about
- Keep it simple…sharing time together is the gift, the go-withs don’t have to be extravagant…do what you do, but together!
- Be a good steward, share what you have learned, have extra, or have the ability to help others with…sharing is powerful
- Share the responsibility for changing the community you live in, seek to use your gifts
- Pass along good ideas, it’s a simple as a click these days, but support the positive, well done things that work!