Being a Southern girl, we are known for our stalworth work it through stamina. Lately however, I am realizing that my stamina is stronger when I actively choose ease when it counts. Big holiday week coming up? Create a few freezer meals to ease the time engagements during the visits while other meals you prepare together. Traveling to a city where the schedules are tough? Plan extra ease into your day with your favorite coffee cup and just add water oatmeal to build in an extra thirty minutes instead of going out for breakfast. We so often do not choose ease in our life for whatever reason, but I am beginning to believe that good stewardship of my life is increasing the peace and letting go of a lifestyle of stress. I am a better listener, servant, and care taker when I also take care of me.
This mornings travels are in New York. It’s a fun thing to me to hear the accents when I am out shopping as I was yesterday morning for a bit. Sounds that only surface on TV (like the Bronx) were conversing about the shirt being too laaaarge or nooooo waaaay was that tie the right shade. I suspect if I had spoke then would have been tickled by the country fried accent I apparently own as well.
Where is the ease in your morning? Your afternoon? When do you feel ease in your life? What are its benefits, how does it encourage you, how do you encourage it to happen? Ponderings for me this morning and I hope for you! Here are a few of my answers to the question “Where is ease in my life…”
- in the travel clothes I have chosen, all easy eare, easily matched and cross matched so that if I am on the road and something stains I can change easily
- in traveling with food choices that allow me to rest when I am tired at the end of a long day and snacks in my purse for long shoots/interviews
- in makeup choices in that I have two basic looks in Mary Kay, both are with me at all times making packing a breeze, another set at home.
- knowing when my husband will check in with me, and how…so I don’t have concerns that they need me, I know when he’ll communicate
- having taken several weeks to discover when I am most naturally suited to writing/working/resting so that I run my calendar off my body’s prime clock
- paying attention to what foods help me to feel energized versus tired or puffy….boy did that come as a surprise after 10 days of watching, simple + or – after 20 minutes helped me to discover energy zappers
- planning time with family and friends, so I have time to celebrate the great gifts of fellowship even if its for a 15 minute coffee break on a busy week!
- keeping 1-2 extra travel size of brands we love so when/if we run out there is another without having to keep huge storage in a tiny house until I can get to the store!
I hope you’ll plan ease into your day! It’s life giving, stress saving and more than anything…a joyful gift to add to your daily life!